We are seeking the ambitious, the creative, the dedicated, and the diligent. We are looking for the hungry, the driven, and the innovative. We are yearning for high performers willing to put in the work to prove their value.
Most jobs make it feel like you are company property.
Would you like to know what it feels like to own your own career?
Would you like to own your development, your role, and your duties?
If you believe you have what it takes to join a high-performing team, apply today.
Our Mission To make your real estate investing easy and profitable through exceptional asset management.
We’re taking the property management industry from being about “tenants and toilets” to being about real estate consulting and asset management.
Your Mission, as Property Management Associate: To amaze and awe the customer by delivering an experience so exceptional that they are left wondering “how did they do that?!”
Your Duties Would Include Helping your team yield the best possible results for our clients’ assets.
As a Property Management Associate, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks supporting residents and property owners. A solid 75% of your time will be dedicated to serving customers and clients. The remaining 25% of your time will be spent delivering customer service via email, preparing leases, processing work orders, visiting the property, and maintaining records. Your abilities to build rapport, navigate to win-win solutions, and embrace conflict are key. An Property Manager Executive may even represent the company in small claims court or in an eviction proceeding. As a Property Management Associate, you will support the Property Manager and Property Manager Executive in preparation for big issues like this.
This role has early management potential: each summer we may add interns to our staff. Your duties will include supervising an intern and beginning to hone your own leadership skills. As a Property Management Associate, you will have a career path and may be promoted to Property Manager where you would own all resident relations. From there, you have the potential of being further promoted to Property Manager Executive, which role is owns all client relations with our investors.
As a Property Management Associate, we need you to be highly organized with strong time management skills and an understanding of prioritization. We need you to be naturally driven to provide excellent customer service and to instill trust. You need to be a natural communicator with good attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and a professional demeanor.
The Characteristics We Hope You Have
- Investigative, curious, and willing to learn.
- Driven to deliver superb customer service.
- Friendly, considerate, and bright demeanor.
- Technologically savvy – able to learn new software, and innovative enough to find new ways of using it.
- Analytical and detailed.
- You must be able to understand the lease and management agreements, and to reason logically when the agreement is broken or must be enforced.
- Specific, clear documentation is crucial to properly serve our customers.
- Customers and customer requests are seen as opportunities, not as nuisances.
- Able to listen patiently to understand the root of the problem and to see it from the customer’s point of view. This will include the ability to remain calm in the face of emotion.
- Promise, not task, oriented.
- Honest, forthright, and authentic.
- Capable of prioritizing (and re-prioritizing).
- Good communication skills – active listening, clear and concise communication, good writing skills, and good tonality in written/oral communication.
- Clean driving record & means of transportation.
What Would You Actually DO?
- Answer phone inquiries.
- Respond to email inquiries.
- Call back voicemails to respond to information requests.
- Update property owners on leasing activity for their property.
- Take and edit marketing pictures & video.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for potential residents by spot cleaning and opening the vacant properties for tours – ensuring the appropriate curb appeal of the properties.
- Obtain applications and screen for qualified and appropriate applicants in accordance with Company policies, Equal Housing Opportunity guidelines and local laws.
- Enter all traffic into system, follow up with potential tenants.
- Prepare market surveys and weekly occupancy reports.
- Inspect vacant units, identify rent-ready status and follow up with maintenance team as necessary.
- Prepare, stock, and distribute all leasing materials.
- Maintain all resources, keys, and other temporary items.
- Provide administrative support for office as needed.
- Assist with other duties around the office on an ad hoc basis.
What You Get In Exchange
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- Clear expectations for performance.
- Upward mobility.
- Ongoing educational and developmental opportunities.
- Health insurance.
- Dental and vision plan (at employee’s cost)
- Long Term disability insurance
- IRA contributions matched up to 3% of your salary.
- Unlimited PTO earned after 1 year.
- Paid Realtor training & testing earned after 1 year.
- Have your properties managed by RPM free of charge.
- Access to a Learning Library.